Thursday, January 06, 2011

Is it me, or am I getting old?

For kicks, I looked up the first set of web pages that I created, and archive.org had them.

This snapshot is from 1996, though the original pages were 1994 or 1995.

A couple notes about these pages.
- The buttons were all manually-created (with some long-forgotten editor, possibly a early version of Photoshop)
- The logo image was from some mac-based program (again, I forget the name of it)
- All the html code was hand-generated. If you look at the faculty page, you'll see the dl, dt, dd html tags, which are rarely (if ever) used. (these were intended for lists of words and their definitions)

I don't often need to use this knowledge to create new content, but it does help me understand why a page acts like it does when I'm testing.



1 comment:

Robert Watkins said...

Ah. I found it, it's called knot. It's mac only and seems to be on it's way to abandonware

http://www.flamingpear.com/knot.html