Friday, August 05, 2011

Is SmoothTeddy Really 'work-related'?

In the end, I came up with this banner as a sample for a 'logo contest' for our internal QA community. Let me give some background in how this came about.






I ran across 'Smooth Teddy' a few years ago as a drop-dead simple way to create interesting 3D figures that don't look like they came from a CAD system. Here is a bit more of the 3D 'bug' I was able to make. (Sure, it's not particularly 'buggy' but hopefully, you can see the scope of the things that can be done.)




If you end up using Smooth Teddy, be sure to read the documentation because some of the coolest features are not obvious. (The program itself is a bit unstable, so save often).


The remaining question is 'Is this 3D tool work-related'. Well, only if you want to allow people to find their way to learn. I'm certain it has nothing to do with the 'fun' factor of using the tool :)


No comments: